Student media and information enquires
The Public Transport Victoria website contains a variety of information to assist students.
Students are encouraged to check for information about their topic using these resources before contacting Public Transport Victoria.
- media releases
- brochures and guides on public transport
- facts and figures
- benefits of public transport
- information on services, fares and ticketing, projects, managing Victoria’s public transport network, using public transport and the benefits.
You can view online and download Public Transport Victoria's media releases.
To view media releases from the Minister for Public Transport, visit the media page on the Premier of Victoria website at premier.vic.gov.au (link opens in a new window)
How to place a student media enquiry
Public Transport Victoria (PTV) keep commuters in the loop about PTV products, services, projects and activities, as well as public transport changes through our website, Facebook, call centre and media activities.
The communications team welcomes your enquiries and will endeavour to facilitate (or help with) all student requests; however priority is given to enquiries from media organisations.
Due to the volume of enquiries from media organisations and others, it is only possible to respond to students via email.
Students should submit their requests and questions by email to email@example.com at least five working days before deadline. Enquiries submitted within a shorter deadline may not be answered.
Do not email if you are:
- requesting to take photos at metropolitan train stations. Instead, you should provide feedback and your feedback will be forwarded to Metro.
- enquiring about a public transport fine. For more information about public transport fines, including the process for how to dispute a fine, visit Department of Transport's website at transport.vic.gov.au (link opens in a new window)
Students should provide a name, contact email, phone number and university / school being attended and advise whether the request is for publication or an assignment. Students should send all questions in advance and advise if they intend to record or film an interview.
The student will be advised if the communications team is unable to respond to the enquiry. In these instances the communications team will provide guidance on where the enquiry should be directed to.