Metropolitan Bus Service Reviews
From 2007 to 2010, bus services reviews were undertaken across every municipality in metropolitan Melbourne to identify how to improve local bus services.
Information on this page
Between 2007 and 2010, sixteen local bus service reviews studied at the location, performance and effectiveness of metropolitan bus routes.
Public Transport Victoria worked with local councils, public transport operators and community groups to identify how bus services could be improved. These improvements could include:
- longer hours of operation
- restructuring and/or extending routes
- more frequent services on selected routes
- introducing new routes
- improving linkages with connecting trains and trams, as well as SmartBus services
You can download the executive summary for each Bus Service Review.
- Banyule/Darebin/Moreland (PDF, 579 KB) - completed Sep 2010
- Banyule/Nillumbik (PDF, 190 KB) - completed Oct 2008
- Bayside/Kingston (PDF, 593 KB) - completed Aug 2010
- Boroondara/Glen Eira/Stonnington (PDF, 592 KB) - completed Aug 2010
- Brimbank/Hume/Melton/Moonee Valley (PDF, 627 KB) - completed May 2010
- Brimbank/Melton (PDF, 508 KB) - completed May 2010
- Cardinia/Casey (PDF, 508 KB) - completed Jul 2010
- Casey/Greater Dandenong (PDF, 111 KB) - completed July 2010
- Frankston/Mornington Peninsula (PDF, 429 KB) - completed Nov 2009
- Hobsons Bay/Maribyrnong/Moonee Valley (PDF, 177 KB) - completed Jun 2008
- Hobsons Bay/Wyndham (PDF, 130 KB) - completed Dec 2009 Executive
- Hume/Moreland (PDF, 166 KB) - completed Apr 2008 Executive
- Knox/Maroondah/Yarra Ranges (PDF, 550 KB) - completed Apr 2010
- Manningham/Monash/Whitehorse (PDF, 552 KB) - completed Apr 2010
- Melbourne/Port Phillip/Yarra (PDF, 579 KB) - completed Sep 2010
- Whittlesea (PDF, 193 KB) - completed Dec 2008
To request a copy of a full report on CD-ROM, please email the project team at email@example.com
Be sure to include your postal address and mention which bus review report you would like.