Removing level crossings
Timeframe: Start 2011
Cost: 2011-12 Budget allocation $16.5 million
The first two level crossings to be removed by the Victorian Government will be at:
Level crossings will also be removed at the following locations:
- North Road, Ormond
- Blackburn Road, Blackburn
- Mountain Highway and Scoresby Road, Bayswater
- Main Road East and Main Road West, St Albans
- Burke Road, Gardiner
- Murrumbeena Road, Murrumbeena
- Anderson Road, Sunshine (two levels crossings as part of the Regional Rail Link project)
Local communities and businesses will be consulted about any planned rebuilding of stations and any impacts on local access and properties.
The new stations will include ramps or subways to ensure full compliance with the Disability Discrimination Act and provide full access to Victorians with a disability.
The Victorian Government is seeking Infrastructure Australia support for Commonwealth planning and development funding for Removing Level Crossings.