Cardinia Road railway station
On Sunday 22 April 2012, trains began operating from the new Cardinia Road railway station on the Pakenham line.
More than 100 train services a day stop at Cardinia Road Station, including all off-peak Pakenham line services.
A new power substation is currently being constructed on the Pakenham line. When commissioned, it will enable all Pakenham line trains to stop at Cardinia Road.
About Cardinia Road Station
The new station includes:
- two platforms with passenger shelters and seating
- car parking with approximately 450 spaces, and short term drop off zones
- bus stops and a taxi rank
- ticket machines, timetable and passenger information displays
- closed circuit camera security surveillance (CCTV)
- pedestrian and bicycle access.
Access between the two platforms is provided via a new pedestrian underpass, giving commuters with a safe link between the northern and southern sides of the railway line.
Bus Route 926 (Pakenham – Fountain Gate Shopping Centre) has been extended to travel to the new bus interchange at Cardinia Road Station.