New station for Caroline Springs
A new V/Line railway station is planned at Caroline Springs, on the Melton line between the existing Rockbank and Deer Park stations. Preliminary work such as design, purchase of land required and construction of an access road have been completed.
The Victorian Government is reviewing the timeframe for construction of the new station for Caroline Springs.
The new station will include:
- Platform with passenger shelters and seating
- Pick-up bays for buses and a taxi rank
- A park and ride facility with approximately 200 spaces
- Drop off zones
- Closed circuit camera surveillance (CCTV)
- Pedestrian and bicycle access, as well as bike cages.